Monday, 8 July 2013

Thick Beef Casserole for cold Winter nights





Thick Beef Casserole
Perfect for cold Winter nights!


I love to cook desserts! But as I work 2 jobs, I often don't have time to make a dessert daily. Sometimes getting a hearty meal on the table is a rush!

Everyone likes a casserole don't they? We like them thick rather than runny, and it's sure to warm anyone up on a cold Winters night.
Although this recipe is not unique, it's humble and it's nourishing.


You will need: 
Approx 1kg of diced beef.
4 largish Potato’s
3 Carrots
1 large Sweet potato
1 packet of French onion soup
1 beef stock cube
1 tin of diced or crushed tomatoes
½ teaspoon minced garlic
2 cups of water
3 tablespoons of instant gravy
1/2 cup of pea's

I put everything except for the pea's in a casserole dish, and cook on approx 150C for about 4 hours, add the pea's the last half hour before serving.

Serve it with fresh buttered bread! 











Click HERE to like us on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment