Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Chocolate transfers


Chocolate Transfers, transfering images onto chocolate.

I was and still am, fascinated with chocolate transfers.
It's a great way to make chocolate that much more special (is that even possible??), you can even wrap a cake in it if you have enough transfer paper.
The steps are easy, the transfer paper has a rough side and a smooth side, make sure your rough side is up.
This time I decided to use white chocolate for a change. The steps are below :)



 Temper your chocolate so that it stays nice and shiny and doesn't get white splodges on it. Maybe I shouldn't have used white for the photograph....but you can sort of see I have melted white chocolate and spread it out onto the transfer sheet.

 
Peel the chocolate from the paper, like magic you have a pattern on your chocolate shape!
Trim it up, I have cut each disc in half.



I have used these white ones on the Crazy Cakes. The other side is of a spot pattern on dark chocolate on one of my daughters birthday cakes with shards and hearts.

It's easy and fun. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment